RESTAURANTS, HOTELS AND BARS FROM ACROSS CORK CITY AND COUNTY JOIN FORCES FOR THE FESTIVAL
The Murphy’s Cork Oyster and Seafood Festival 2019 has launched at the festival hub, The Metropole Hotel, Cork in association with Failte Ireland and Taste the Island. The Festival will take place from Friday 20th September until Sunday 22nd September. This year close to 60 venues across Cork City and County will participate in the festival, which is fast becoming one of the county’s leading events. The festival will be held in association with Failte Ireland and Taste the Island.
Over the weekend, events include The infamous Cork Gourmet Trail, featuring some of Cork’s best restaurants and the second annual Cork Oyster and Seafood Festival All Ireland Oyster Shucking Competition. There are two gigs scheduled as part of the 2019 festival with Paddy Casey and The Frank and Walters.
On the Friday night, the 20th of September festival goers can enjoy “A Jameson Experience” with Head Cooper, Ger Buckley as well as “A History of Prosecco” masterclass. Throughout the weekend, the Guinness Book of Records fastest Oyster shucker, Paddy the Shucker and The Lazy Chef, Simon Lamont will be on hand.
On Saturday 21st September, the hugely popular Cork Gourmet Trail will take place from 12 noon. The day will start with a drinks reception at the Metropole Hotel before taking off on a culinary tour of Cork’s best restaurants. Also that evening the Metropole will host a very special evening with music from the Frank and Walters.
Aaron Mansworth, Group Managing Director for Trigon Hotels said: “We cannot wait for this year’s Murphy’s Cork Oyster and Seafood Festival. This year, we are working with title sponsor Murphy’s Irish Stout to bring you a weekend festival of celebration of seafood, culture and music. The wonderful team from Harty’s Oysters in Waterford are also on board this year. If you’re not an Oyster lover, it’ll still be a wonderfully exciting weekend that you won’t want to miss. This has fast become one of Cork’s most popular festivals.”
Also as part of the festival, the “OYSTER PEARL” package will be available. Guest can enjoy all that The Murphy’s Cork Oyster Festival & Seafood festival has to offer at The Metropole hotel. Enjoy two nights Bed & Breakfast and an arrange of activities that will ensure a great week is to be had by all. Package form €498 for two people.
– Opening night Drinks and Oyster reception along with a Jameson barrel masterclass with head cooper from the Jameson Distillery Ger Buckley
– Dinner in The Met on Friday evening
– Tickets to Paddy Casey Live on the Friday night 20th September
– Saturday, start the day with a Gin & Tonic at 12 noon at The Metropole Hotel, followed by a food tour of the city tasting food from 12 restaurants in four venues around the city, finish the evening back at The Metropole Hotel
– Exclusive Jameson & Oyster masterclass hosted by Patrick McMurray “ Shucker Paddy” at the Met at 7pm on Saturday
– Ticket to The Frank & Walters Live on the Saturday night 21st September
– Sunday, access to the All-Ireland Oyster Shucking Competition featuring International & National Championships with live entertainment from 2pm.
Tickets for all events are on sale on Eventbrite and more details on www.corkoysterfestival.com
The Metropole Hotel is part of the Trigon Hotel Group, which has 334 guest rooms across three hotels in Cork. The group comprises of the Cork International Hotel, The Metropole Hotel and the Cork Airport Hotel. Some of the other events which took place at the hotels over the last 12 months include the Cork Cork Show and the Cork Chocolate Festival.
Photography By: BRIAN LOUGHEED