Cask cocktail bar on MacCurtain Street in Cork’s vibrant Victorian Quarter is proving yet again it is the place to be in Cork! Cask has unveiled an exciting new series of Cask-style, cheeky cocktail creations and a street food-inspired menu, ready for the Summer season. And to top things off, Cask’s iconic outdoor courtyard has just had an upgrade – the perfect place for you to kick back, relax and soak up the rays this Summer!
- The Whole Shebang – Zubrowka, Woodruff Absolut, Lichen, Tawny Port, Strega, Soda & Prosecco
- The Udder Wan – Calvados, Honeysuckle, Belsazar Rose, Raspberry & Milk Kefir
- Damson In Distress – Damson Finlandia, Cacao, Basil, Lillet Rouge, F’ugly Strawberries, Prosecco, Beet
- Black & Blue - Jameson Black Barrel, Beetroot, Ardbeg, PX Sherry, Orange Bitters
- De Ball ‘N’ Chain – Beefeater, Elderflower Pisco, Pineberry Shrub, Apple Water, Poachers Wild Tonic.
The Summer season will see Cask play host to some of Cork’s best DJs and internationally renowned bars such as Callooh Callay (named in Drinks International’s ‘The World’s 50 Best Bars’ in 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2016 – on June 26 and 27) from Shoreditch in London, Edinburgh’s Panda & Sons (nominated for Best International High Volume Cocktail Bar 2017 at the eleventh annual international Spirited Awards – coming in July) and Super Lyan (of the Lyan family of bars, owned by cocktail superstar Ryan Chetiyawardana – coming in August) from Hoxton, London,
coming to Cork to host a series of special one-off Bar Takeovers, – giving guests the chance to sample their iconic signature drinks for one night only.
Dishes on the new Summer menu include:
- Tuna Ceviche with Watermelon, Avocado, Coconut, Chilli, Citrus, Coriander & Crispy Tostados
- Chicken or Halloumi Bao Bun with Carrot & Sesame Kimchi, Cucumber, Tonkatsu & Sriracha Chili Glaze
- Poke Bowl – Cured Tuna, Salted Pineapple, Nori Seaweed, Endamame, Quinoa, Ponzu, Peanuts
- Twomeys Wagyu Beef Burger with Brioche bun, Blue Cheese, Bacon, Gherkin, Cask juniper Gin Burger Sauce & Crispy Baby Potatoes
- Philly Steak Sandwich with Braised beef, Cheese, Gherkins, Mustard, Baby Potatoes, Sriracha mayo
- Crispy Roast Haddock Fillet with Basmati rice, Laksa Curried Dashi Broth, Lime & Coriander
Andy Ferreira, Bar Manager and Chief Mixologist, said: “We’re really excited to launch our new Summer cocktail menu at the same time as we reopen our iconic outside waterfall area. Over the next three months, three of the most respected cocktail bars in the world will visit our city and host take-overs at Cask – it’s a very exciting time!
“As always with a Cask cocktail menu, the drinks are fun and intriguing. We’ll be introducing our customers to some new ingredients they have probably never tried; pineberries, water mint, orange geranium to name a few. One of my favorites is a drink called ‘The Whole Shebang’, which contains Oak Moss Lichen. Lichens are fascinating as they’re a dual organism but more importantly they can taste delicious if you know how to use them. The drink contains Zubrowka, Woodruff Absolut, Tawny Port, Lichen, Strega, Soda and Prosecco. Incredibly layered and complex for a spritz style drink.”
Cask has been gaining plaudits since opening in March 2017 for its innovative, seasonal, farm-to-glass cocktails, designed by award-winning manager and accomplished mixologist Andy Ferreira (winner of Irish Bartender of the Year 2017), and street food-inspired, small plates food menu created by award-winning head chef Bryan McCarthy.
Cask is located at 48 MacCurtain Street in Cork’s city centre, next door to Hotel Isaacs and Greenes Restaurant.
The official Cask website is at caskcork.com.
Photos: Clare Keogh