Garryvoe Hotel is pleased to announce the appointment of Katie Ahern as Health Club Manager from Health Club Supervisor. Katie is the perfect fit for the role having complete a degree in business from CIT and a degree in Health and Fitness from UL. She also hold the following credentials:
- RLSS lifeguard
- RLSS rookie lifeguard instructor
- Swim lessons co-ordinator
- Supervisor for 9 years at the Garryvoe health club
- NCEF fitness instructor
And to fill Katies role they have appointed Mark Mansfield who is four years working working at the Garryvoe and six years in the health and fitness industry. He also has:
- WCFE studied fitness and health.
- NCEF lvl 1 fitness instructor.
- Image fitness personal trainer.
- Precision nutrition nutritionist.
- RLSS lifequard.
- KG elite performance Strength and conditioning.
- Pool plant operator.
Speaking to Business Cork Aidan Cotter (GM) said ” At Garryvoe we have a flair for chosing the best people for our roles and try where possible to promote internally. Katie and Mark are two long term loyal employees who are familiar with the workings of the industry and the hotel. They are popular woth team members and customers alike. I wish them every success for the future”
The healthclub at Garryvoe boasts some of the best facilities in Cork.
- East Cork′s only dedicated two-lane 25m Lap Pool
- Unique to Cork and Ireland an Aqua Jogging Ring
- 1200 square feet Gym with the latest Technogym equipment
- Top Quality Sauna, Steam Room, Invigorating Outdoor Hot Tub
- A spacious Aerobics Studio offering complimentary classes
- Luxurious, spacious changing rooms and showers with individual, lockable storage lockers
- Professional, expert staff
- Membership numbers strictly limited in order to maintain ease of access for all members and guests.