The grand opening showcasing the extensive revamp of Herlihy’s CENTRA took place on May 10.
Herlihy’s who have been trading in the Fermoy store for the last 15 years have renovated their busy store and are now offering clients more choice than ever before. The Herlihy group run six CENTRA stores, Grand Parade, Oliver Plunkett Street, Bishopstown, Millstreet, Mallow and Fermoy. The Fermoy store is responsible for producing fresh goods for all six stores within the group including sandwiches, salad plates and bowls for the ‘Grab and Go’ fridge. Two dedicated bakers commence work at 5am and several more at 6am, all in a bid to deliver optimum freshness and amazing tasting products to CENTRA’S customers.
Some of the new developments include:
- A new 5.2m Salad Bar has been introduced which has a hot food protein option. Twenty different salad varieties are available, with the option to add a hot protein of your choice.
- Two self-serve tills for customers who are tight on time
- Extended Off Licence
- A Moo’d Ice Cream station – perfect for a refreshing summer treat
- Extended bakery with more fresh breads and sweet treats available
- Extended carvery, ensuring you get the best value dinners in Fermoy every day
- A chicken rotisserie
- A new Frank and Honest Barista style Coffee Station allowing you have non-dairy options and a wider variety of coffee all served in real cups if you wish to enjoy a sit down and savour the taste.
- And much more!
At the helm of this successful enterprise are brothers Kevin and Brian, who took over the business from their parents in the late 90’s. With their dedicated staff members, including Store Manager, Simon Champ, Assistant Store Manager, Denise Cummins, Bakery Manager, Ber O’Callaghan, Pat Finn and the rest of the Fermoy team, the future of the new store looks bright. Commenting on the €750,000 renovation, Brian Herlihy said:
“Our business is based on people. We are lucky to have so many long-standing staff and take pride in the level of care we provide. This is supported by Mystery Shopper reports conducted monthly by Musgrave in which we constantly score 100%. I really must thank the huge effort put in by our staff over the last 8 weeks. We have 75 staff employed in the store and their commitment, flexibility and hard work is greatly appreciated with many going above and beyond the call of duty. The most important thing has been the reaction from the customers over the last few weeks. They love the new look and the welcoming environment. Feedback has been extremely positive and after all the inconvenience and disruption during works it is very much appreciated.”
Photography by David McCarthy.