Since the enactment of the Data Protection Act, 1988, and with GDPR coming on-stream from 25th May 2018, the legal obligations and requirements to safeguard personal data have grown.
Responsibility covers all functions associated with personal data gathering, storing, accessing, safeguarding and disposal in line with the rules of data protection legislation.
Failure to comply can lead to heavy fines.
Mackin Consultancy will be running two FREE information sessions on Friday 11th May 9.30am – 1.30pm or 1.30pm – 5.30pm in our offices.
Key topics to be covered during the session:
- The Irish Data Protection Act 2018
- GDPRas applicable from 25 May 2018
- How it applies to SME’s
- Preparatory steps for theGDPR
- Responsibilities/Role of the Data Controller & Data Protection Officer
- Using ISO 27001 to demonstrate conformance.
- Next steps
Final spaces available please RSVP by return with the number of attendees and the time choice.
** Please note this is a free session but we would ask you would make a donation on the day to our charity of choice Bumbleance.